[Tagging] how to tag a terrace?

John F. Eldredge john at jfeldredge.com
Fri Dec 13 20:12:59 UTC 2013

Richard Welty <rwelty at averillpark.net> wrote:
> On 12/13/13 9:30 AM, Martin Koppenhoefer wrote:
> >
> >> Am 13/dic/2013 um 12:10 schrieb Janko Mihelić <janjko at gmail.com>:
> >>
> >> I think there should be a big "building=yes" polygon over the
> terrace and the mansion attached to it (or building=mansion or
> whatever). Then put a polygon over just the terrace, and tag it
> building:part=terrace. There are 21 of them in the database right now:
> > sorry if I wasn't clear, this is about "stand alone" terraces.
> >
> > Actually now sth. came to my mind, what about
> building=observation_deck?
> >
> i think this good. it avoids confusion with agricultural usage of
> terrace.
> i don't think we're tagging terraced farms yet but terrace is
> potentially
> ambiguous by itself.
>
> richard

Gardens and parks that are on sloping land will often consist of a series of terraces (flat areas alternating with slopes or retaining walls), without structures being built on them.

John F. Eldredge -- john at jfeldredge.com
"Darkness cannot drive out darkness: only light can do that.
Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that."
Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.