[Tagging] End voting bicycle=use_cycleway

Martin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Sat Dec 14 01:24:15 UTC 2013

2013/12/13 Pee Wee <piewie32 at gmail.com>

> Today the voting of the bicycle=use_cycleway<http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Proposed_features/Bicycle_use_cycleway>ended.
>  Voting results:
>

> Yes:  10 (not counting the 2 that made the proposal)
>
> No:  11
>
> Abstain:  3
>

> This is reason enough for us to work on a better proposal so we reject the
> current one.

if you look at the reasons from the rejecters you'll find that the vast
majority of them neglected in general that this was something to be tagged,
either they said the routing software should solve this (impossible btw.,
if there is no hint in the data, how should the router do it?), or they
existing tags would suffice (these said you should tag bicycle=no or
destination on the road, what is not working and has already been
discussed).

As these are the reasons for opposing this, a "better proposal" very likely
won't change anything (when the problem is not understood, no solution will
be agreed on).

cheers,
Martin