[Tagging] how to tag a terrace?

Pieren pieren3 at gmail.com
Tue Dec 17 10:10:20 UTC 2013

On Tue, Dec 17, 2013 at 10:31 AM, Janko Mihelić <janjko at gmail.com> wrote:

> Why would you call this a bug? If there is no area=yes, then it's a
> pedestrian way that goes in a circle. If there is area=yes, then it's an
> area. I don't see a problem.

The "area=yes" is required on a simple closed way for the reason you
provide. But, when you move the feature into a multipolygon relation,
we could consider that's never for a circle (which does not require a
relation) but always for a surface. Anyway, for the devs health and
kiss principle, we can accept the same set of tags between the closed
way and the multipolygon relation.

Pieren