[Tagging] Related: Antarctic territories

Eugene Alvin Villar seav80 at gmail.com
Mon Dec 23 19:33:02 UTC 2013

There's some related discussion on the Talk:Tag:boundary=adminstrative wiki
page:
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Talk:Tag:boundary=administrative#Disputed_borders

A suggestion is to replace the 'inner' and 'outer' relation roles (which is
trivial to determine) with roles that specify the claimed borders ('dejure'
or 'claimed') and the actual line-of-control borders ('defacto' or
'actual', or maybe even still use 'inner' and 'outer'). This way, using
only one relation, you can specify both the claimed territory and the
territory that is actually controlled.