[Tagging] Related: Antarctic territories

Fernando Trebien fernando.trebien at gmail.com
Fri Dec 27 00:42:18 UTC 2013

Makes sense. But is this practice (of using "dejure" and "defacto" roles)
already being adopted widely? If so, isn't it breaking compatibility with
many apps (for instance, Mapnik, but probably others too)?

On Thu, Dec 26, 2013 at 10:30 PM, Frederik Ramm <frederik at remote.org> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> On 26.12.2013 17:59, Fernando Trebien wrote:
> > So I see 2 reasonably equivalent solutions at the moment that would
> > affect the roles of boundary relations: "dejure" and "defacto" roles
>
> We don't usually map "de jure" if there is a conflicting "de facto",
> which would take precedence according to our "on the ground rule".
>
> Bye
> Frederik
>
> --

Fernando Trebien
+55 (51) 9962-5409

"The speed of computer chips doubles every 18 months." (Moore's law)
"The speed of software halves every 18 months." (Gates' law)