[Tagging] Resorts

Steve Bennett stevagewp at gmail.com
Fri Feb 1 11:13:44 GMT 2013

On Fri, Feb 1, 2013 at 9:14 PM, Дмитрий Киселев
<dmitry.v.kiselev at gmail.com> wrote:

> I didn't like leisure=resort because  in such case we will have
> leisure inside leisure in case of swimmingpools or pitch inside
> resort.

IMHO, that is of absolutely no concern. There's no rule against
key=tag1 being inside key=tag2. There are plenty of examples already,
like amenity=parking inside amenity=school, landuse=cemetery inside
landuse=residential etc.

> I didn't like tourism=hotel because
> 1) sometime resorts have 2 or more hotels inside (it may 2 different
> buildings new one and old and sometimes rooms in them sold separatly
> like two different hotels with common territory)
> 2) tourism=hotel already commonly used with different meaning.

Yeah, I think hotel is wrong. tourism=resort sounds ok, subject to
taginfo checks etc.

Steve