[Tagging] Resorts

Martin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Fri Feb 1 12:04:09 GMT 2013

2013/2/1 Дмитрий Киселев <dmitry.v.kiselev at gmail.com>:
>> if your resort is not at the beach I'd suggest to use a different tag
>> (maybe propose something like leisure=winter_sports_resort,
>> health_resort, ...)
>
> Sometimes I can't chouse one from that list
> health_
> winter_sports_
> horse_riding_
> alpine_
> some_other_increadible_inposible_type_of_
>
> Why not generic resort and if resort type known + resort=ski;health ?

First because there is already since long an established tag
(beach_resort) for a particular kind of resort. Changing the approach
now would cause some confusion and overlap.

Second I'm not sure if all kind of objects named "resort" belong into
the same classification system. Some kind of "resort" might already
have an alternative tagging in OSM (e.g. leisure=spa instead of health
resort), some resort facilities might be more appropriately
categorized under a medical tag (health) than under tourism. Can you
provide a description of the particular object you want to tag so we
can have a look if there is already a common way of mapping this kind
of place?

cheers,
Martin