[Tagging] Resorts

Greg Troxel gdt at ir.bbn.com
Sat Feb 2 13:30:30 GMT 2013

My standard plea: we are building a taxonomy of the world, and our
tagging scheme should be jointly exhaustive and mutually exclusive, when
that makes sense.

For marking the area of land used by the resort area (including
buffers), I think a landuse= value is appropriate.  It isn't
residential, industrial, or retail.   Probably the same landuse tag is
appropriate for a big resort as for a regular hotel.

It seems that there are some amenity= tags listed on the landuse page,
and I think this is an unfortunate situation.  For example,
I think amenity=hotel belongs on the building, and something like
landuse=tourism on the entire property.