[Tagging] tower vs mast vs antenna

Jonathan Bennett jonobennett at gmail.com
Thu Feb 7 11:47:28 UTC 2013

> but: there are antennas where the whole structure acts as antenna
> (mast=antenna). Maybe this is an example:

Yes, but unless you can explain, unambiguously how you identify those
vs. other types of mask, you're going to hit a verifiability problem.

I'd also say not having the distinction in OSM doesn't lose us much --
people will still be able to identify that there's a structure there,
and the general nature of the structure, and hence be able to navigate
using it as a reference.

So, if you do know the difference, please note it in an extra tag, but
don't try to force most ordinary mappers to have to distinguish when
they're unlikely to be able to do so. Does that sound reasonable?

J.