[Tagging] Grades for obstacle=vegetation

Dave F. davefox at madasafish.com
Sat Feb 9 16:05:48 UTC 2013

> 2013/2/9 Dave F. <davefox at madasafish.com>:
>> I'm not interest in this as:
>> 1. It's far too detailed. There are much better thing I can spend my time
>> mapping.
>> 2. It's too variable. The different seasons, whether the farmer has gone
>> down the lane with his hedge trimmer etc.etc.
>
> If you are not going to tag this because you think it is too detailed
> and the tag is not suitable for your area (because of seasonal
> changes) you won't be much help in finding a solution.

What's wrong with the status quo as a solution?

>   There are some
> mappers who do want to tag it, and as long as their way of tagging is
> compatible with the rest of the tagging scheme (i.e. they use subtags
> rather than more differentiated values for the main key) there is
> really no problem if they do it.

I absolutely agree with you. You seem to think I was suggesting
otherwise. As you can clearly see, I didn't.

> there are obstacles (vegetation) that don't
> change their obstacle effect a lot with the seasons

Vegetation still grows over the course of a year.

> I also think that this tag is quite detailed, but I won't hinder or
> discourage anybody from adding this level of detail if he wants to.

And neither would I. I need to point out the OP asked for opinions. I
gave mine.

Cheers
Dave F.