[Tagging] Tagging 'averaged' paths in rural Mali

Pieren pieren3 at gmail.com
Mon Feb 11 10:31:06 UTC 2013

On Mon, Feb 11, 2013 at 2:08 AM, Andrew Errington <erringtona at gmail.com> wrote:

> How about drawing a single 'representative' way as you have been doing, and
> adding width=100?

?? and why not 500...
First, from what I can see on this aerial imagery, congratulation. It
is very hard to distinguish something on these pictures. What I see is
not a 'highway' but more an "informal track in the desert" or "the
shortest way between point A and point B". Something that will
disappear or change after the next sandstorm.
Maybe try a new "highway=track" + "tracktype=grade6" where grade6
would be defined as "informal track in open area (e.g. desert); might
be an average of several parallel vehicles marks" ?

Pieren