[Tagging] Re : As the crow flies

Ronnie Soak chaoschaos0909 at googlemail.com
Fri Feb 22 14:19:02 UTC 2013

This also doesn't differ very much from the practice used for pedestrian
areas in cities.
Usually the area/plaza/village square will be drawn as an area, but
additionally some crossing highway=pedestrian ways are added to guide the
router
straight across instead of only along the edges.

I'm not really comfortable with this, as it is clearly something only done
just to work around a missing feature in the router software, but at least
it already is in use.

Especially for hiking paths there is the grade system which also denotes
visibility.
After you've crossed a meadow to get the gps track you usually already have
a 'barely visible' hiking track. ;)

Best regards,
chaos