[Tagging] Wikidata tag

Simone Saviolo simone.saviolo at gmail.com
Wed Feb 27 12:43:49 UTC 2013

2013/2/27 Pieren <pieren3 at gmail.com>

> In my turn for questions, what are you doing if the wikidata is
> refering to McDonald's but the tag name or operator is telling "Burger
> King" ?

This proposal improves data consistency and relationship between data. Are
we really willing to reject it because the data we put in may be wrong?

That case would obviously be a conflict if you looked at both tags. For
sure, any consumer will privilege one over the other. Suppose you use
wikidata as your main tag, and operator as a fallback: the problem is no
more, that fast food is a McDonald's.

If the two tags are inconsistent, it's a problem in the data, not in the
mapping scheme. We are full of inconsistent data, don't tell me wikidata
will make that worse.

Regards,

Simone