[Tagging] Wikidata tag

Pieren pieren3 at gmail.com
Wed Feb 27 13:16:56 UTC 2013

On Wed, Feb 27, 2013 at 2:06 PM, Simone Saviolo
<simone.saviolo at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Because it might create inconsistencies.
> Does not, as I pointed above. You don't use two tags at the same time for a
> single piece of information. At most, you use a second fallback one _in case
> the first is not available_.

To be clear, you will never find a consensus for replacing our
existing tags by a wikidata "Qxxxx" number. This has been already
proposed several times in the past (not by the wikidata id but some
other similar abstraction). As Steve said earlier in this thread, it
might be tolerated only as an additional tag. Therefore the
duplication.

Pieren