[Tagging] Multiple purposes for buildings

Serge Wroclawski emacsen at gmail.com
Tue Jan 1 14:30:09 GMT 2013

On Tue, Jan 1, 2013 at 8:05 AM, Svavar Kjarrval <svavar at kjarrval.is> wrote:
> Hi.
>
> How does one tag buildings which are both commercial and residential?

There isn't a good solution for this at the moment. It's a pain for
high density areas like NYC where most buildings are multi-use.

It might make sense to have a multiuse tag for these situations

> 2) The ground floor is commercial but the residential part is in the
> floors above. The housenumber is the same. Do I mark the building with
> commercial;residential and leave it at that?

And there are some buildings where part of the ground floor is
residential, while other parts are commercial, such as the
neighborhood where I live.

The basement and ground floor of parts of the building are commercial,
while other parts are residential, and then the high part is
residential.

> Or do I just mark buildings with multiple purposes with building=yes and
> wait for a tagging scheme which can handle such situations?

That's what I do.

- Serge