[Tagging] Multiple purposes for buildings

Simone Saviolo simone.saviolo at gmail.com
Wed Jan 2 09:16:25 GMT 2013

2013/1/1 Svavar Kjarrval <svavar at kjarrval.is>

>  That's, of course, possible. The question was what value should be in the
> building tag in the building polygon. Of course I'd like to implement the
> level of detail you suggest but it doesn't answer the original question.

IMO, the question is conceptually wrong. What you are trying to tag is the
*use* of the building, and not a property of the building per se. Unless
it's a mall, a retail store's interior is not structurally different from
an office space or apartments - it could be converted, in fact. I am
against such a tagging, unless it describes structural properties of the
building itself.

Ciao,

Simone