[Tagging] Source tag - deprecated for use on objects?

dies38061 at mypacks.net dies38061 at mypacks.net
Wed Jan 2 12:50:33 GMT 2013

I have been told ( on the talk-US email list ) that use of {{key|source}} on objects has been deprecated for years and that such information is only of historical interest and its use should be restricted to changesets.  This is not reflected in anything I can find on the wiki, and I've done an incomplete search of the subject fields on this forum to see if this has been discussed.  Could you please clarify this for me?  Should I a) not be adding {{key|source}} to objects and b) should I be adding content in such a way that a single source tag on the changeset is valid for all content in that changeset (this has major implications for my editing behavior).  Thanks. --ceyockey

P.S. apologies -- I sent an html format email prior to this and it got scrubbed by the list management software.