[Tagging] Source tag - deprecated for use on objects?

Jason Cunningham jamicuosm at googlemail.com
Thu Jan 3 12:23:53 GMT 2013

On 2 January 2013 15:49, Serge Wroclawski <emacsen at gmail.com> wrote:

> There are many people (myself included) who believe that source /on
> objects/ is not useful, and most OSMers have moved away from using it,
> and toward source on changesets.

I don't see any evidence that "most" OSMers act this way.
Even if there are some people who strongly believe that adding the source
to changesets is better, how can they "deprecate" the current method of
adding source to objects?

>From my experience most mapping sessions involve changes and additions made
to a wide variety of objects with a several sources used. Effectively
requiring a  new changeset for each object edit makes complicated process
significantly worse.

jason (user:jamicu)