[Tagging] Names on relations and not component ways

SomeoneElse lists at mail.atownsend.org.uk
Sat Jan 5 11:47:37 GMT 2013

dies38061 at mypacks.net wrote:
> The waterway segments I collected into the relation are exactly analogous to roadway segments collected into a route relation.  I do not think that the relation I created constitutes a category, really.  --ceyockey

The main reason why route relations are needed in the US is because a
particular piece of road can belong to more than one toute.  This isn't
true everywhere (for example in the UK - routes can disappear and then
pop up again elsewhere).

Does your waterway "route" consist of any ways that belong to more than
one waterway "route"?

Cheers,
Andy