[Tagging] Powerlines underground, Vol 40, Issue 30

François Lacombe francois.lacombe at telecom-bretagne.eu
Wed Jan 16 08:29:29 GMT 2013

Hi.

2013/1/15 St Niklaas <st.niklaas at live.nl>

How do we recognize the connections between the sations ? Or is the data
> added by external sources as mentioned ?

Do you mean when you see line lines go underground inside the stations?
Sometimes it's write down on cables and you can read it (the name of end
point + number of line).
Otherwise, maps could be published by operators :
http://www.rte-france.com/uploads/media/images/projets/plaquette_riverain_VDEF.pdf

> But something else crossed my mind. What do we do with the other
> underground transport systems, like oil (sometimes secret military lines)
> natural or industrial gas and waste and drinking water ? I search for it
> but no WIKI solution IMHO.
> Greetz

There are something about it on the wiki, Power Networks page.
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/WikiProject_Power_networks#Pipelines

2013/1/16 St Niklaas <st.niklaas at live.nl>

> Thanks, I didnt use the right key word to see the tags. But the way of a
> underground line remains secret to most of us if the data isnt backup by
> extrenals. I doubt to draw a powerline straight between to substations !
> Greetz

If you don't have a clue, don't map it, that's wiser.

Cheers.

--
*François Lacombe*

http://www.infos-reseaux.com