[Tagging] Powerlines underground

François Lacombe francois.lacombe at telecom-bretagne.eu
Thu Jan 17 10:44:36 GMT 2013

Hi folks,

Here is a similar type of infrastructure : pipelines.
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Tag:man_made%3Dpipeline

"It can be underground, overground and underwater".

Like electric lines, building such things require different techniques
because of location.
Alaska pipeline, mainly overground needs to be heated to avoid oil from
freezing right in the pipe.
Caucasian ones need to be underground.
etc...

Different implementations but one only tag. Think about it.

--
*François Lacombe*

http://www.infos-reseaux.com