[Tagging] business closed for renovation - tagging best practice

Richard Welty rwelty at averillpark.net
Thu Jan 17 12:12:03 GMT 2013

On 1/17/13 6:06 AM, Janko Mihelić wrote:
> I reccomend something like "closed=yes" and if you have an idea about the
> time when it could open, "closed:until=YYYY-MM-DD". You could add a reason
> for closing, "closed:reason=renovation" or "closed:reason=construction".

i haven't been following this thread up until now, but some quick
suggestions:

1) specify use of opening hours date/time syntax

2) look at access conditionals

3) support the expansion of opening hours syntax to include years that i
just
suggested on another thread on this list. my rationale for this is the need
to be able to indicate dates/times of planned road closures for routing
purposes, which is almost the same requirement. we might as well try to
conform the tagging styles.

richard