[Tagging] Powerlines underground

François Lacombe francois.lacombe at telecom-bretagne.eu
Thu Jan 17 13:43:38 GMT 2013

Yes you're right.

But I location values list sould be completed to match the proper one the
mapper think, obviously.

For Nord Stream, it would be location=underwater
http://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nord_Stream

For IFA2000, the power connection between France and GB, it would be
location=underground.
http://www.rte-france.com/uploads/media/pdf_zip/presse/dp-2006/dp_ifa_30_11_2006.pdf

location=* seems better and more precise to describe several situations
than power=cable.

2013/1/17 Janko Mihelić <janjko at gmail.com>

> 2013/1/17 François Lacombe <francois.lacombe at telecom-bretagne.eu>
>

>> "It can be underground, overground and underwater".
>>

> I would prefer "seafloor" instead of underwater. If it is drawn over
> water, and you put "underground" that means it's dug into the sea floor.
> Underwater can be anything from levitating at 1m below surface to 3km under
> sea floor.
>
> Janko Mihelić

*François Lacombe*

http://www.infos-reseaux.com