[Tagging] Follow-up on Time Domains

Peter Wendorff wendorff at uni-paderborn.de
Tue Jan 22 13:38:04 GMT 2013

Am 22.01.2013 12:51, schrieb Serge Wroclawski:
> Except why use abbreviations that no one uses elsewhere? I've never
> seen two letter abbreviations for days of the week outside OSM, in any
> computer system. So why use a codification that no one else uses, to
> save a byte?
Probably that's once more a German "problem", as in German days of the
week are usually abbreviated to two letters. (Mo, Di, Mi, Do, Fr, Sa, So).
I'm not sure if I ever saw that (Mo, Tu, We, Th, Fr, Sa, Su) in English,
while I'm sure I saw the three-letter variant (Mon, Tue, Wed, Thu, Fri,
Sat, Sun).

regards
Peter