[Tagging] Relation -> housenumbers / villages without streetnames

Damjan Gerl damjan at damjan.net
Tue Jan 22 18:14:15 GMT 2013

22.01.2013 - 17:01 - Pieren:
> On Tue, Jan 22, 2013 at 4:07 PM, Damjan Gerl <damjan at damjan.net> wrote:
>
>> I have a question for how to tagging the housenumber-relation of some
>> villages (also some big) that don't have street names? How to associate the
>> house numbers with village name in relation,
>
> The relation associatedStreet is one method to link a house number
> with its street. The other one is to simply add a tag "addr:street"
> together with the "addr:housenumber".
> In your case, I would simply add a tag "addr:city" to the node or
> polygon where you already define the house number. (or possibly
> "addr:hamler")
> About streets without names, don't use the tag "name". Instead, check
> the "noname=yes" tag :
> http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Key:noname
>
> Pieren
>
> http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Key:addr

Thank you!
Ok, so for the street with no name I use the tag "noname=yes".

Then for the house number I can use the addr:place tag (why I don't
find/see it before?):

addr:housenumber=number
addr:place=locality_name

But if I want to use a relation to do this (don't want to type
addr:place for every housenumber, because errors are possible!) what I
can use? In the wiki page of the addr:place I find a mention "If number
of house belongs to some existing object, we can create a relation and
include to it houses with role house and object with role object." How
to do this type of relation? Or maybe this have nothing to do with house
numbers?

Damjan G.