[Tagging] Is the difference between power station and sub station clear?

François Lacombe francois.lacombe at telecom-bretagne.eu
Thu Jan 24 15:09:48 GMT 2013

That's what I asked for earlier today but:

- power=substation doesn't even exist.
- power=sub_station is widely used without any chance to get in confusion
with a "submarine station".

I'm a little bit disapointed with such a topic.

If we had to create a brand new tag like power=substation, we would
deprecate power=sub_station too and redirect users the same way as the rest
of old values.

Does it really worth that kind of hard work?

2013/1/24 Andrew Errington <erringtona at gmail.com>

> On Thu, 24 Jan 2013 18:40:05 François Lacombe wrote:
> > Ok, I agree with you about substation vs sub_station.
> >

> > Consensus seems to emerge from this discussion, I would edit the wiki
> like
> > polderrunner explained.
> >
> > * Deprecation (not removal) of power=station, power=substation (and all
> > other values), message adding at the top of keys' pages.
> power=sub_station
> > will be the only valid value. It will encourage mappers to migrate
> existant
> > power=station to power=sub_station.
>

> As a native English speaker, I have to tell you that 'substation' is the
> correct word.  Please do not use 'sub_station'.
>
> Best wishes,
>
> Andrew

*François Lacombe*

http://www.infos-reseaux.com