[Tagging] Duplication of POI-data

Pieren pieren3 at gmail.com
Fri Jan 25 17:34:45 GMT 2013

On Fri, Jan 25, 2013 at 6:22 PM, Paul Johnson <baloo at ursamundi.org> wrote:
> It's not as tricky as it sounds.  For an airport, I'd tag the perimeter as
> whatever the imported node was originally, make that the perimeter member of
> a site relation.

Definition of relation 'site' on the wiki:
>> A way to group elements (nodes/ways/areas/relations) which belong together but not within a single area.
>> However, this relation is not to be used in simple cases.

Definition in tag aeroway=aerodrome:
For complex boundaries create a relation:multipolygon and add the tags
to the relation

I would say in general: if the perimeter is simple and small, just use
a closed way.

Put the tag aeroway=aerodrome only on one element following this good
practice guideline:
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/One_feature,_one_OSM_element

Pieren