[Tagging] Tunnels and bridges

Malcolm Herring malcolm.herring at btinternet.com
Thu Jan 31 14:51:36 GMT 2013

Martin,

Maybe I am missing something from your proposal. I had understood it to
mean that bridges should be mapped as distinct features, separate from
the ways that pass over and under. Therefore, "bridge=..." tags on the
ways would become redundant and remove the ambiguity and messy rendering
that they cause when more than one way crosses the same bridge.

Also, wheat exactly did you mean by "Connect the ways running over the
bridge to this structure"? This implies a relation to make the
connections, but you then go on to deprecate the use of relations.

So I am confused!

Malcolm