[Tagging] Open of discussion on "operational_status" (part of life cycle with disused/abandoned/demolished)

John F. Eldredge john at jfeldredge.com
Tue Jul 2 20:39:00 UTC 2013

In my case, I would prefer a desert_oasis to a dessert_oasis.  A desert, with one S, is an area that gets little rainfall.  A dessert, with a double S, is a sweet food usually eaten at the end of a meal.

On topic, items or services that are both scarce and essential to life should be checked periodically to see if they are still available.  A water fountain in a city park doesn't need to be checked as often as a desert oasis.

John F. Eldredge -- john at jfeldredge.com