[Tagging] Are addresses features or attributes?

Friedrich Volkmann bsd at volki.at
Sat Jul 20 21:25:02 UTC 2013

On 19.07.2013 19:43, Elliott Plack wrote:
> For example: a vacant lot often has an address, but there doesn't need to be
> a building there.

In this case, the address is an attribute of the parcel, the piece of land.
It's an attribute anyway.

> Also some shopping centers have multiple addresses for the same building, so
> we make address points for each entrance or centroid.

Multiple addresses are just multiple attributes, so what? It's the same with
multiple names.

See my proposal
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Proposed_Features/Multiple_addresses for
how I think that multiple adresses on the same object should be mapped.

If you tag each address on an entrance, this makes the address an attribute
of that entrance.