[Tagging] Are addresses ... objects vs attributes

Ronnie Soak chaoschaos0909 at googlemail.com
Wed Jul 24 14:54:07 UTC 2013

On 24 Jul 2013 16:44, "Janko Mihelić" <janjko at gmail.com> wrote

> I don't think we should be so inflexible with the "object vs attribute".
It depends on the context.

> If you are a data consumer, and are making a list of all addresses in a
town, then the addr:housenumber + addr:street is your object, and
building=yes is your attribute that says "there is a building at this
address". If you are making a list of all buildings, then it's the other
way around. If you are making a list of restaurants, then the
amenity=restaurant is your object, with attributes building and address.

+1

Chaos