[Tagging] Are addresses ... objects vs attributes

Martin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Thu Jul 25 08:54:33 UTC 2013

2013/7/25 Peter Wendorff <wendorff at uni-paderborn.de>

> > on a side note some of the values above like swimming are currently
> under the sport key, not leisure.
> > Typical values for leisure are pitch, track, stadium, marina,
> playground, park, garden...
> well, a pool that allows swimming, but is not useful for competitive
> swimming I would count as sports IMHO would better be leisure=swimming
> than sport=swimming, but I may be wrong here.

I'm opposing leisure=swimming as it doesn't fit (IMHO) into the common
logics of the leisure key. Swimming is an activity while leisure usually
describes an object (be it physical like pitch or formal/legal like a
nature reserve). IMHO it would always be leisure=swimming_pool and you can
put the actions for which it is suitable into the sport key (or another key
if you don't like the sport semantics in some cases), e.g.
sport=competitive_diving (or diving), swimming. If you are to map a small
children's pool you might use either another "sport" like feet_dipping ;-)
or another value for leisure (e.g. leisure=splasher_pool instead of
swimming_pool) (personally I'd prefer another value for leisure, i.e. the
latter).

cheers,
Martin