[Tagging] Are addresses ... objects vs attributes

Martin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Thu Jul 25 14:11:22 UTC 2013

Am 25/lug/2013 um 15:55 schrieb André Pirard <A.Pirard.Papou at gmail.com>:

> I'm glad that you come back to the heart of the matter which is to know whether a key describes an object or an attribute of an object     and that the keys definitions in the wiki should indicate that, so that everyone agree and make a consistent database.

don't think that we need to, as the housenumber discussion shows, it depends on the point of view

> And we disagree indeed regarding leisure being an object. IMHO, there is no such object as "a leisure".

but there are leisure related objects

>   In my example, we have an object "water=" that is used for "leisure=", which is an attribute of the water.  And the type of leisure is further described with fishing. Which of these two forms depends on our decision that an object can be used for one or several types of leisures:
> water=basin  leisure=fishing  or leisure=yes  fishing=yes  in my case
> water=pool   leisure=swimming or leisure-yes

but we are not starting to map now, we are already mapping for years. Please do not ignore common practice, have a look at the wiki and actual usage: http://taginfo.openstreetmap.org/keys/leisure#values

cheers,
Martin