[Tagging] Underground power lines in tunnel

John F. Eldredge john at jfeldredge.com
Wed Jun 5 13:19:13 UTC 2013

One reason it would be useful to be able to tag bridges (and, to a lesser extent, tunnels) as single physical objects is that they may be used as landmarks.  For example, you may be traveling along a street that runs parallel to a river, looking for a location just past a certain bridge.  If the renderer showed three bridges, for example, due to the tagging, but there is really just one bridge, you may end up going past your intended destination before realizing that the map didn't match reality.