[Tagging] Feature proposal - Voting - Power generation refinement

Ole Nielsen on-osm at xs4all.nl
Tue Jun 11 17:33:45 UTC 2013

On 11/06/2013 17:08, fly wrote:

>> The next tricks are coming with the substation proposal (RFC) and the
>> power transmission proposal (Draft)
>> http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Proposed_features/Substation_refinement
>> http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Proposed_features/Power_transmission_refinement
>
> I already have two questions:
> 1. How am I supposed to tag a power=transformer on a node which is
> already tagged with power=*.

The substation proposal deals with that problem. It would be tagged as
power=transformer + location=pole (for a pole mounted transformer). Thus
there is no power=pole tag.

> 2. Please remove the part which says that you should not use power=tower
> for minor_lines. This is a problem of renderers but no tagging issue.

It would be better to move this discussion to the discussion page of the
transmission proposal (this thread is about the approved power plant
proposal!)

Ole