[Tagging] Reviving "pitlatrine" proposal from 2011

John F. Eldredge john at jfeldredge.com
Thu Jun 20 15:06:21 UTC 2013

Well, you also have the old-style outhouse, where you have a small building, including a seat, located above a pit which receives the waste.  The temporary latrines used at construction sites are much the same, except that the "pit" is the bottom portion of the latrine, and the whole thing is hauled away to be emptied.  I have seen parks where these "temporary" portable latrines are in year-round use, to spare the expense of having to install water supply pipes and sewers.

John F. Eldredge -- john at jfeldredge.com