[Tagging] Catering trailers

Martin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Fri Jun 21 12:52:41 UTC 2013

2013/6/21 Martin Koppenhoefer <dieterdreist at gmail.com>

> On 21/giu/2013, at 14:30, Pieren <pieren3 at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Could we avoid "moving features" in OSM ? Otherwise the same object, a
> > trailer, will be mapped in several places.
>

> I don't see a problem with this as long as the times are predictable.
> E.g. in my hometown there is a market (grocery, meat, cheese, etc.)
> two specific days a week. The same merchants also sell with their same
> vehicles at other places on different days, but that isn't a problem
> at all as long as you specify when the market is in this place. The
> only difference I see with respect to these trailers, that there is
> only one and not a lot of them.

and, as stated above by John, it is not the "trailer" that we map in first
place, but the service it offers (at certain times), and the subtag would
also be simply further detail where the service is offered, it would not
necessary have to be interpreted as "the trailer", but "service is in a
trailer".

cheers,
Martin