[Tagging] Catering trailers

Peter Wendorff wendorff at uni-paderborn.de
Fri Jun 21 12:55:41 UTC 2013

Am 21.06.2013 14:38, schrieb John Sturdy:
> On Fri, Jun 21, 2013 at 1:30 PM, Pieren <pieren3 at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> I'm inclined to agree that fish-and-chip vans are too mobile for OSM,
> although I think we could perhaps map their scheduled stopping points (like
> a catering version of bus stops).

Probably we should think about something like "place to be used
regularly for..." type of tags.
Similar things come to mind:
- markets that take place at the same location every week: These are
clearly different from permanent markets; as e.g. six days a week
there's nothing visible about the market.
- seasonal beaches, where e.g. the lifeguards tower and toilets are
uninstalled during autumn/winter. It's a controlled beach for
bathing/swimming regularly, but not always.

I'm sure there's more of this kind, but the scheme is the same, and it
differs from
- one-time stuff (which we usually don't map)
- peranent structures (like theme parks, restaurants, or even
fish-and-chip-restaurants in a permanent building), even with
opening_hours attached.

regards
Peter