[Tagging] How to tag apartments in a building that is multiuse

Brad Neuhauser brad.neuhauser at gmail.com
Mon Jun 24 04:30:48 UTC 2013

Bryce, this is entirely a rendering issue.  Map creators can (and always to
some degree do) select to display only features with certain tags, or that
have names, or are of a certain size, etc, depending on their audience and
what they're trying to show.  For example, "notable buildings" for tourists
seeing the sights will be different than for locals going on errands or out
for a dinner and drink.  That's why there's so many different renderings.  (
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/List_of_OSM_based_Services)  If you have
a vision for a new look, maybe you need to come up with a new one! :)  If
you want to propose changes to the "Mapnik" style, I think you want to
submit issues here: https://github.com/gravitystorm/openstreetmap-carto/

Brad