[Tagging] When was landuse=reservoir deprecated ?

fly lowflight66 at googlemail.com
Tue Jun 25 19:43:26 UTC 2013

On 20.06.2013 00:22, René Kirchhoff wrote:
> How do we go from here?

Either we only use protected_area=* and do not use any landuse or we
need to propose a new (temporally) landuse tag with proper proposal.

> Can someone write a summary?

1. There seems to be no problem in tagging the water part with
water=reservoir but for some people the landuse includes more than only
the water part like the dam and infrastructure. E.g. we still need a
landuse tag.

2. There are different kinds of reservoirs. These can be tagged with
protected_area=* but for drinking water the primary landuse will still
be the reservoir where as for flooding reservoir the primary landuse
might be landuse=forest, landuse=meadow or landuse=farmland

> Could someone please state the results in the wiki?

I did add this on the discussion page but we might need a link to it.

fly