[Tagging] Feature Proposal - Voting - shop=bakery, bread_bakery, confectionery

Martin Koppenhöfer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Wed Jun 26 09:53:20 UTC 2013

Am 26.06.2013 um 00:00 schrieb Murry McEntire <murry.mcentire at gmail.com>:

> A proposal for improving the current misleading definitions and misuse of bakery and confectionery; and a requested separation of bread bakeries from bakeries of other bakery goods, is now open for voting.

IMHO your conclusions seem US-centric. Most of what is currently tagged as bakery will probably produce and sell bread and often also sweet bakery products, and adopting your proposal, those would all have to be retagged (including lots of tools to be changed, think of the pretzel icon) when the problem is actually with the tag confectionery (which some people use in accordance with the wiki for kinds of bakeries rather than for candy and chocolate shops). Instead of inventing a tag for bread bakeries we'd rather need a tag for bakeries that don't sell bread but sweet bakery products.

Cheers,
Martin