[Tagging] Feature Proposal - RFC - shop=bakery,confectionery

Bryce Nesbitt bryce2 at obviously.com
Thu Jun 27 17:33:23 UTC 2013

On Thu, Jun 27, 2013 at 6:52 AM, Murry McEntire <murry.mcentire at gmail.com>wrote:

>  I wonder how one would know the mix of baked on site versus imported for
> shops that display both the same way, i.e., no commercial bakery wrappers?
> Does use of commercial frozen dough or mixes matter?
> How would a tagger know?

I know the answer for the eight bakeries nearest me.
And even an armchair mapper could pick up the phone and ask the bakery.
For example node
1712175375<http://www.openstreetmap.org/browse/node/1712175375/history>has
a first bake at 6am, has second bake at noon, and does not import.
For nearby farm stands I know which ones pick daily for the stand... and
which ones just pick in bulk for supermarkets.

Whatever solution we have should also work for
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Tag:shop%3Dfarm
I prefer bread from on site bakeries, and prefer produce picked on site.