[Tagging] Bad tag: demolished=<date>: move to a) modify, b) strongly discourage

Pieren pieren3 at gmail.com
Thu Jun 27 21:18:08 UTC 2013

On Thu, Jun 27, 2013 at 8:47 PM, Ole Nielsen <on-osm at xs4all.nl> wrote:

> Disagree. There are reasons to keep objects in the DB after they have ceased
> to exist.

Objects "deleted" in OSM are not deleted in the database.
And like "disused=yes", it is a mistake to believe that all data
consumers will check if a tag "demolished" is attached to a building
or any feature that can be demolished. For "disused", the trend is to
move it as a prefix in the previous tag.
I will move this page as a proposal. If someone wants, we could start
a "vote" just to get a feedback.

Pieren