[Tagging] Really big junction=roundabout

A.Pirard.Papou A.Pirard.Papou at gmail.com
Fri Jun 28 15:41:02 UTC 2013

On 2013-06-28 16:26, Elliott Plack wrote :
> Hello OSM friends. Another member of the community asked if I think
> that a circulator road around a large athletics facility (RFK Stadium
> in Wash. DC) would be considered a roundabout. Here is one of the ways
> in it: http://www.openstreetmap.org/browse/way/51369536
>
> This round, one-way road does act somewhat like a roundabout, and
> might be nice to have tagged so routing software can interpret it as
> such. That way the computer can say, "take the third exit to 123ZYY road."
>
> Thoughts?
This reminds me Bracknell, Berks
<http://www.openstreetmap.org/?mlat=51.41363&mlon=-0.75054&zoom=15>,
where, in my youth time, I discovered real size roundabouts compared to
the toy ones I see over here, especially those built lately (1).
They have one with a "Met office" inside and even one with a piece of
railway between two bridges.
It's lovely to have things inside, I've seen cow statues, for the
amusement of the children while dad revolves 5 times waiting for mum to
have found their way on OSM.
And yes they tag all that as roundabouts, strangely enough in several
pieces and they're one-way, mind you.

Why not?

Cheers,

André.

(1) My definition for them is: a stone in the middle of the road giving
right of way to those who U-turn around it over those driving straight on.