[Tagging] Proposed relation give_way

Steve Doerr doerr.stephen at gmail.com
Thu Mar 14 15:27:23 UTC 2013

I suppose the main downside is that it requires a relation. I've not
mapped give-way relationships myself, but it would be good to map them,
and the node method seems simpler and would involve less database bloat
than adding a relation at, basically, every junction. I would think the
node method would be sufficient for most junctions, while the relation
method could be available for any more complex cases. As far as I can
see, with the node method, the important thing to remember is that the
give-way node needs to be closer to the intersection node to which it
applies than to any other intersection node on the way, which doesn't
seem too difficult to achieve. It should perhaps be made clear in the
wiki that there is not necessarily an actual Give Way sign: it can be
used to represent a give-way line as well.

Steve