[Tagging] Proposed relation give_way

Pieren pieren3 at gmail.com
Fri Mar 15 09:13:58 UTC 2013

> It is for navigation. Imagine a corner right before an intersection: the
> navigator would warn you that you'll have to give way or to stop, and you'll
> prepare the corner accordingly.

I don't know any commercial car navigation system that warns you about
give-ways or stops. Perhaps because it has no influence on the route
itself. And that the decision to stop or go depends on the actual
traffic. And you cannot rely on OSM for your driving decisions.
Imagine that your navigator warns you 4 times to give way and the
information is missing in OSM for the fifth...
But I guess that this discussion is repeating the same arguments we
had about stop signs.

Pieren