[Tagging] Address and street name inside a private housing estate

Martin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Tue Mar 26 13:50:54 UTC 2013

2013/3/26 Pieren <pieren3 at gmail.com>:
> On Tue, Mar 26, 2013 at 2:40 PM, Martin Koppenhoefer
> <dieterdreist at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> what place does this belong to? Is it its own place=hamlet, oder part
>> of another place (and therefor maybe place=neighbourhood)?
>
> Hard to answer since "neighbourhood" is not easy to translate in our
> context. But we could, in some extent, say that the area is a
> neighbourhood place. Do you think about a tag such
> "addr:neighbourhood=*" ? or "addr:place" ?

I wouldn't use addr:place as this should already be covered by
addr:city (not only used for actual "cities"), but I could imagine an
addr:neighbourhood (where neighbourhood would be a place part of a
bigger settlement). If this is not in context of a bigger settlement
I'd instinctively prefer to use its own place like place=hamlet (could
be discussed, not sure).

cheers,
Martin