[Tagging] Footway as painted lane in highway

Steve Bennett stevagewp at gmail.com
Wed Mar 27 04:18:47 UTC 2013

Hi Dave,
  It sounds essentially like a sidewalk - the only distinction being
that it's not raised above the road surface. So why not just use
footway=sidewalk?

The footway=lane tag sounds nice, but it sounds like such a rare
occurrence that it will never get much rendering/routing support.
Maybe if you want to be really accurate: highway=whatever,
footway=sidewalk, sidewalk=lane.

Steve