[Tagging] Historic huts

Erik Johansson erjohan at gmail.com
Thu Mar 28 10:18:32 UTC 2013

On Thu, Mar 28, 2013 at 7:19 AM, Andreas Labres <list at lab.at> wrote:
> On 28.03.13 06:45, Steve Bennett wrote:
>> tourism=attraction (to increase the chance that the historic=* actually
>> renders as something...)
>
> Don't tag for the renderer! amenity=shelter by itself renders. Only tag it as a
> tourism=attraction if it /is/ a tourism attraction.

This sounds more like an tourism attraction than a hut though, i.e.
tagging it as a hut will probably confuse things. But there is a clear
interest in knowing that it's there. I would say use : camp_site,
backcountry=yes, building=hut/shack and name="Smith Hut (ruins)",
perhaps some special  tag documenting it on the wiki with
pictures/urls.

http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Tag:tourism%3Dcamp_site

/Erik