[Tagging] New Proposal

Philip Barnes phil at trigpoint.me.uk
Wed May 1 10:53:25 UTC 2013

The slip roads are straight ahead, whilst the through route curves to the right. The tag is need to tell the router that straight ahead is not stay on the same road.
Hope that explains it.

Phil (trigpoint)
--

Sent from my Nokia N9

On 01/05/2013 11:00 Dave F. wrote:

On 29/04/2013 18:59, News wrote:
> I have created a proposal for a new tagging scheme at
> http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Proposed_features/through_route
>
>From the wiki Example:

"If you are heading north on the A56 and want to continue on the A56
then you need to turn off the main carriageway or you end up on the
A682. Currently any routing software based on OSM data will not tell you
to make a left turn"

Excuse my ignorance, but if your destination is Haslingden, why can't
the routing software send you left at that junction? What makes it
different to any other turning?

Cheers
Dave F.

Tagging at openstreetmap.org